-->

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Falling into Treats!


Ahhhh, Fall. How I've missed ya. In my opinion, Fall doesn't truly begin until the trees turn orangey/ red or until I can pretend that the drop in temperature means I can add an unnecessary amount of layers on. This changing of the seasons also means the end of bathing suit weather, which implies its time to get fat again with no regrets until January 1st. So put down that salad fork and pick up some sugar from the store because your definitely going to need it for the treat I've concocted. 



Chocolate Chip Cookie Pumpkin Bars with a Butterscotch/ Chocolate Pretzel Drizzle



The name just rolls off your tongue, right? Well I can't take all the credit for it, I found two separate recipes, one for Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip & Pretzel Bars and the other for Pumpkin Bars. Basically made them into one because it's too embarrassing putting two separate desserts on a plate. So thank me because I'm only thinking about you. You referring to anyone I gave this substitute for crack cocaine to. Yeah, seriously ..that good. 


Okay, so I followed the recipe above except I changed only a few things. First I made separate batters. I did the chocolate chip pretzel batter first because it was the more complicated one, and then in a separate bowl I made the pumpkin bar batter. For the pumpkin bar batter the recipe gives you the option of 1-16 oz. of canned pumpkin, I only used half of my 15 oz. can. After making the two batters, I packed the chocolate chip batter at the bottom and poured the pumpkin bar batter on top. The recipe says put it in the oven for around 20-25 minutes, I put mine in for  around 45. So I would recommend putting it in for 30-40 or until you pull out a toothpick clean! So worth the wait. Savor your few fat months you have before bikinis take over the worth and enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment